1. Are winding rods included with the purchase of torsion springs
Winding rods are not included with any purchases.
long until my order will be shipped?
We make every effort to process your order within 24 hours (this excludes weekends and holidays). All "Deliver By" dates are estimates and not guaranteed. Certain orders could take up to 5 business days to deliver once your order is shipped.
Please contact our support team by email at Orders@duralifthardware.com for all pertinent shipping inquiries.
3. What is your return policy?
Orders can be returned with no questions asked within 30 days of the original order date. Customers will pay for return shipping (except for damaged or incorrect product) and their original payment method will be refunded in full once the goods have been returned. All returns should be sent to our Kentucky warehouse at the below address:
DURA-LIFT Door Hardware®
Attn: Returns Department
210 Kane Ave
42754 United States
For orders placed 30 days or more in the past, DURA-LIFT Door Hardware® reserves the right to approve the return based on the circumstances. There is no guarantee that these requests will be approved.
For any other questions, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Do we offer bulk discounts?
To inquire setting up a bulk dealer account please email email@example.com. In the email include products you are interested in and an estimated quantity.
1. Is the torsion spring I need in stock?
Please check out our torsion spring tab to see all available springs. If spring is in stock it will have the “Add To Cart” button available. If the spring is out of stock it will say “Sold Out.”
2. When will the spring I need be back in stock?
Due to a nationwide wire shortage, we are currently out of stock of many of our torsion springs. We cannot predict when these will be back in stock. We are actively working towards having as many springs back into stock.
3. Are there any compatible replacement springs for my current broken springs?
You can check for compatible springs under the torsion springs tab. We have provided a calculator that can calculate compatible springs. You will enter information based on current springs and be provided with spring sizes that will work for your garage door. If there are no available compatible springs we recommend contacting a local garage door installer to find alternatives.
4. How do I measure my current torsion spring?
Please see detailed instructions on how to measure your torsion springs here
5. What size torsion springs should I use if my old ones were incorrect?
We recommend contacting a local garage door installer to help determine the correct spring size based off garage door weight and height.
6. If my spring is out of stock, can I change the length of the spring?
We do not recommend changing the length of the spring by plus or minus more than 1”. An example is if you need a 30” spring you can change the length of the spring to 29” or 31”.
7. What do I do if my torsion spring is installed incorrectly?
8. Can I replace my own torsion springs?
9. Can I cut my own torsion springs to length?
We do not recommend cutting your own torsion springs as this could be a safety hazard.
10. How many turns should my torsion spring have?
When installing your torsion springs, the rule of thumb is for every foot tall the door is, it will be 4 quarter turns. The average is a 7’ tall door, which would be between 28 and 30 quarter turns. Make sure the door is balanced in the center. If it goes up on its own, it is needs to be loosened one or two quarter turns and if it goes down on it’s own, it needs to be tightened 1-2 quarter turns. Take a look at our YouTube video on how exactly to accomplish this here:
1. What is the shaft diameter on your Ultra-Life Max 2" nylon rollers.
Stem Diameter: 7/16ths"
2. What is the wheel diameter on your Ultra-Life Max 2" nylon rollers.
Wheel Diameter: 1 13/16ths
3. Which roller should I use for my garage?
Please take a look at link here comparing all of our available rollers.
4. Which is your highest quality roller?
Our top rated roller is our Titan Strength Roller (DLR6200ZZT). This is a replacement roller for old, noisy or broken garage door rollers on sectional, track-style garage doors. The DURA-LIFT Titan roller features a 2" nylon wheel, a durable dual-caged 6200ZZ bearing with protective front and rear covering, and a triple-coated black-oxide 4" stem.